BOC/OFF: why were the Jams kicked out?

Albert Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Mar 31 19:56:57 EST 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 6:28 PM, Doug Pearson wrote:

> Great interviews with John Sinclair (who hasn't changed except for the
> grey hair), Danny Goldberg (who signed them to Elektra and comes
> across as
> a total queen - pretty funny)

Uhh… Danny FIELDS signed the 5 to Elektra. Are you sure it's Danny
Goldberg in the movie? Danny Fields is a great man (a great queen too)
and probably the most under appreciated person in the record industry.
Everybody loves him but he really doesn't get his due. He signed the
Ramones, was instrumental in Patti Smith's career, Iggy Pop, MC5, the
Doors. Anybody know who I'm talking about?

Danny Goldberg was a rock scene person. He worked for Led Zeppelin
(publicist), managed Bonnie Raitt, NIrvana and then he was the head of
Atlantic for a New York minute and since then has bounced around from
major to major. He does OK. A nice straight guy. I like them both.

al