BOC/OFF: why were the Jams kicked out?

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Mar 31 21:08:13 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:56:57 -0500, Albert Bouchard
<ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM> wrote:

>On Mar 31, 2004, at 6:28 PM, Doug Pearson wrote:
>
>> Great interviews with John Sinclair (who hasn't changed except for the
>> grey hair), Danny Goldberg (who signed them to Elektra and comes
>> across as
>> a total queen - pretty funny)
>
>Uhh
 Danny FIELDS signed the 5 to Elektra. Are you sure it's Danny
>Goldberg in the movie? Danny Fields is a great man (a great queen too)
>and probably the most under appreciated person in the record industry.
>Everybody loves him but he really doesn't get his due. He signed the
>Ramones, was instrumental in Patti Smith's career, Iggy Pop, MC5, the
>Doors. Anybody know who I'm talking about?

Yes, that's definitely Danny Fields who I meant to identify as being
interviewed in the movie.  Thanks for setting me straight.

The interview with Danny Fields is so cool when he talks about being blown
away by the MC5, then they tell him that he should check out their little-
brother-band the next night ... Iggy & the Stooges!  And he was clearly
bummed about Elektra dropping the MC5.  Since it would have been right
around the same time, did he have anything to do with signing that band
from Long Island whose unreleased Elektra album finally came out a couple
years ago on Rhino Handmade ;^)?

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com