OFF Wolverhampton

Maxine Wesley maxine.wesley at PORT.AC.UK
Wed May 5 07:10:27 EDT 2004

Jill Stribridge remarked:

 >I wish I could say I liked
>Wolverhampton but sadly I don't.   Quite clearly I 'was not from around
>here' and it was a strangely intimidating place.

Have to agree with you there... I used to drive a commercial van in
and around the midlands on deliveries... on getting lost once in the
Wolverhapton area I wound down the window and asked a woman
by the side of the road where I might find the colliery (or wherever it
was) - the reply was undecipherable, resembled english, but not as
we know it! A strange bunch! ;-)

Maxine