OFF: Rush covers 60's bands

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri May 14 18:19:31 EDT 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:20:14 -0400, Eric Siegerman <erics at TELEPRES.COM>
wrote:

>I could as well imagine Hawkwind covering Surfin' Safari :-)

Why not?  "Silver Machine" and "Surfin' USA" are almost the same
chords/riff ... ;^)  (Not to mention Calvert's "Lay Of The Surfers" - and
the harmonies on "Catch A Falling Starfighter" [where else can you hear
Lemmy and Eno harmonizing?!?!] are nearly as impressive as the BB's,
thankyou Roy Thomas Baker [aka mr. "Bohemian Rhapsody"].)

And I *do* think that "7 and 7 Is" could sound pretty cool sung with the
Geddy screech ...

    -Doug (Beach Boys fan, Love [not Mike] fan, not Rush fan)
     jasret at mindspring.com