HW: Hawkwind and the Blues

pauleatonjones paul at IMRRYR.KAROO.CO.UK
Sun May 16 07:20:27 EDT 2004

  I once wrote to the Hawkwind Feedback office when they were in west
London saying that I thought that 'Time We Left This World Today' was
surely influenced by the second movement of Beethoven's 7th symphony
and what did they think. Steve Gilmore wrote back saying he/they hadn't
listened to the Beethoven piece but said that nearly all music could be
linked in some way whether as a conscious rip-off or a subliminal
influence. Just look at the way the technical, heavy rock musicians
such as Satriani, Vai, Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine  et al have applied
  the form of baroque music to guitar music. Little or nothing is new
under the sun. (Except Paranoia parts 1+2 and Electronic No.1).
Paul.