HW: Hawkwind and the Blues

Jerry Guizar jguizar at STNY.RR.COM
Sun May 16 18:28:57 EDT 2004

JLoehr4299 at AOL.COM wrote:
> In a message dated 5/14/2004 7:04:22 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
> jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK writes:
> Looks like I'm going to have to chase down some live Chicago blues
> albums.  I don't suppose anyone has any recommendations.....
> Well, they're not 'live,'  but I've got 'Robert Johnson King of the Delta
> Blues,' and several 'Best of' CDs of Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, and Leadbelly.
>
> All very good.

    Check out Albert King, Lightnin Hopkins, T-Bone Walker,
Luther "Guitar Junior" Johnson (in Muddy Waters band in 70's),
Big Bill Morganfield (Muddy Waters son), Rod Piazza (if you
like harmonica), Koko Taylor, Gary Moore, Elmore James,
Peter Green, Big Bill Broonzy (acoustic), Matt 'Guitar' Murphy,
Sunnyland Slim, Otis Rush, Lonnie Brooks, Albert Collins,
Little Walter, Billy Branch, Angela Strehli, Kenny 'Blue' Ray,
Mike Morgan & the Crawl, Son Seals, The Nighthawks,
Smokey Wilson, Byther Smith, Guy Davis, Monster Mike Welch,
Bill Perry, and of course Paul Butterfield, John Mayall.

    Check allmusic.com for more info.