OFF: Monster Magnet, other rubbish, usw...

Tue May 18 19:13:48 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Doug Pearson wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:39:55 +0200, Henderson Keith
> <keith.henderson at PSI.CH> wrote:
>
> >P.P.S.  The 25...Tab album from early MM days is definitely space-rock
> >derived in character.  Doug P. I think is the MM historian of note, so
> >best ask him about the early daze.  Wasn't there other cassette/vinyl or
> >even pre-MM stuff done back then?
>
> - "Lizard Johnny" / "Freak Shop USA" 7" on Circuit Records
> - demo cassette from the Circuit era (containing one of the 2 tracks, the
> first MM version of "Brainstorm", and an early version of "TAB")
> - "Murder" / "Tractor" 7" on Primo Scree/Caroline
> - 12"/CD on Glitterhouse containing one track from the above 7" (both
> tracks on the CD, I think), *remakes* of the two songs from the first 7",
> plus an early version of "Nod Scene" (and one other 'Spine of God' track,
> perhaps?)
> - 'TAB ... 25' CD on Glitterhouse

        Just for completeness here...

        The Glitterhouse self-titled *CD* has tracklist as follows:

Snake Dance [not the _Spine of God_ version, rougher and shorter]
Tractor [I believe this is the same version as used  _Tab... 25_]
Nod Scene (from The Resin Scrapers) [as `Snake Dance']
Freak Shop USA
Lizard Johnny
Murder [see `Tractor']

        My copy of _Tab... _ is on Caroline, and lists `Murder' as `Lord
13' and doesn't list `Tractor' at all though it's there on the end.

> There was also a second demo cassette (I believe it contained Glitterhouse-
> era recordings of several 'Spine of God' tracks), but I don't have that
> one ...

        It might be cruel, but judging by the self-titled CD, it might not
really live up to the _Spine of God_ versions. But then, what
could? Yours,
              Jon

ObLP: I. E. M. - _Arcadia Son_
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)