Time Brothers DVD

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon May 24 12:13:06 EDT 2004

Word from Chronobrother Dave about the Space Ritual DVD:

Dear All

As it's about 2 months since the orders' deadline passed, I thought it
was about time for an update.

You'll be glad to know that we've not been idly sitting around during
that time ? we have been extremely busy trying out all kinds of options
in order to get the film onto Region-free DVD with menu options, which
has been proving more difficult than you'd imagine for a 2 hour film.

Just when we thought we had it in the bag, the trial disc would only
play on Panasonic DVD players!  Asking everyone to buy a Panasonic
machine wasn't really on, so we had hit another brick wall.

Having now exhausted all our ideas and worked methodically through
screeds of options, we are now attempting to smash down those brick
walls we were continuous running into, by sending the film off to a
Somerset-based company to get a fully-indexed master done.  If all goes
according to plan we should get the all singing/dancing master back late
next week, with copies following over the few weeks thereafter.  Orders
will be processed according to the date on which I received them from
you, which seems the fairest way, over a period of several weeks.  Those
who ordered earliest will receive the first mail-outs, hopefully
starting early in June, with the process continuing over the following
few weeks until the whole job is done and all DVDs have been despatched.
 But, in the way of things, don't be altogether surprised if slippage
occurs with this tight timescale!

If all goes well, the next circular I issue will be to alert you all to
expect a Recorded-Delivery DVD package coming your way soon.

Best for now,

Dave