HW: my long gone regular 70 real Hawkwind CD's including "Distant Horizons"

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed May 26 06:24:33 EDT 2004

Eric Siegerman writes:

> On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 08:51:00AM -0400, Michael Gee wrote:

> > I know Hells Angels can be very brave when there is a gaggle of them
> > as experienced @ the Stonehenge free festival.  They had a law that
> > any drugs could be sold except Heroin.  I guy who tried to ell it
> > ended up with his belongings burnt and beaten off the site.

The way I heard it, Release asked them to ask the heroin dealer to
leave. He declined and they dragged his car to the gate and set it on
fire. Unfortunately the more impressionable youth attending the festival
got enthusiastic about the pyromania and started nicking cars from the
local village and setting fire to them. This, a plague of nicking from
local shops, and the fact that Stonehenge was about to make it's 12th
year and qualify as a "tradition" was a big part of the reason the riot
cops were sent to stop the 1985 one.

I had a great time in '84 but the mood had absolutely changed that year
and trouble was very definately coming.

FoFP