OFF: was Monster Magnet, now HRGiger

Thu May 27 17:35:51 EDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Nick Medford wrote:

> The Necronomicon (book of dead names) is a fictitious "ancient manuscript"
> dreamed up by HP Lovecraft and often mentioned in his overheated purple
> prose short stories (there's a few stories by him I really like, but
> generally there's just too much of the Terrible Old Ones waving their
> Hideous Slimy Tentacles around, usually under the light of a Gibbous Moon
> during a Night of Sickening Dread.. you get the picture). I have no idea
> who JP Lovecraft is/was and suspect that was a misprint or other error.
>
> The kind of people that have difficulty distinguishing fantasy and reality
> often have a particular enthusiasm for Lovecraft, and may claim that his
> stories were based on another plane of reality that revealed itself to him
> in his dreams, and that the Necronomicon really exists, and sundry other
> foolish things.

        And thus Nick reveals which conspiracy he's part of! <clings to
_Illuminatus!_> Yours,
                        Jon

ObCD: Hawkwind - _Live Chronicles_
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)