BOC-L Digest / Still in the Shadows

muspel at WEBTV.NET muspel at WEBTV.NET
Mon May 31 06:25:16 EDT 2004

I thank the two people who replied saying that the PAL "Out of the
Shadows" should play on my NTSC player. Unfortunately it doesn't; nor
does it on my sister-in-law's or her son's - on mine it says (when the
disc is placed in): "This type of disc cannot be played. Please insert a
different one." , on my wife's sister's it reads: "Disc error" and on
her son's it reads the same as mine. These displays are exactly the same
on all three for another concert DVD I have when the PAL side is entered
(the other side is NTSC and plays just fine - this would have been a
nice idea for the Hawkwind disc).

I hope he does not mind me mentioning this but when I bought the disc
from Phil at CDS it was he who said that many North Americans were
getting a friendly computer savvy friend to make an NTSC disc for them.
My disability severely limits my ability to socialize, so I thought I'd
take Phil's suggestion and see if I could find a "friend" on this list
would be kind enough to help me with this.

Thank you for your patience and it would be most appreciated if *anyone*
could help.
Thanks again,
Jonathan
(Vancouver, B.C.)