OFF: Mike Burro's solo 'All Hollows eve' show, 11/29 : 'Rollin & Tumblin'

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Tue Nov 2 11:08:37 EST 2004

Tim , here's the story of the authorship of 'Rollin & Tumblin', in a
nutshell. You're right that Muddy Waters is often credited as the author,
but this is somewhat misleading, as he may have been credited with HIS
version. Here's the story: Peace, Mike
Rollin' and Tumblin'

Lyrics: Traditional
Music: Traditional

The best known version of this song is by Muddy Waters, but it goes back
earlier than that. Hambone Willie Newbern did an early version and is
sometimes credited as the author. But it seems likely that its origins
predate that.