HW: HW in advert

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Wed Nov 3 13:00:53 EST 2004

One wonder whether this is why the release of the single was delayed?
Maybe either the ad campaign was put back or a better label deal was
dependent on getting the advert?

While I would generally tend to agree with Bill Hicks on artists
appearing in adverts (see 'Artistic Roll Call' on the 'Rant In E-Minor'
Album), I'll always cut HW some slack in such matters as they so rarely
get the exposure and recognition they deserve.  I don't see any way in
which this can be a bad thing for the band.  Worst case: the campaign
fails, HW don't get used for any more ads and the single/album sales are
no better than they would've been.  Best case: the single is a massive
hit, album sales are way up accordingly and HW get to do a sell-out tour
of lots of major venues.  Can't see the down-side of that, other than
for those folk who would rather HW stayed as our little underground
secret and don't want to them achieve any mass appeal.

Nick