HW: HW in advert

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Nov 4 23:19:08 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 18:37, Nick Medford wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:59:19 +0000, John Cartledge
> <John.Cartledge at SUNDERLAND.AC.UK> wrote:
>
> >According to the following link, it's not Spirit of the Age that is
> >being used but Silver Machine.
>
> Just seen the ad on Channel 4, and it is indeed "Silver Machine".
>

> >http://www.halewood-int.com/hawkwind.htm

You can view the ad via that Web page, and it is "Silver Machine."  It
sounds like Lemmy on vocals.

> The bullshit on this page is really quite something:
>
> "the finished ads portray audacious free running in a gritty environment
> and closes as all three stenciled characters freeze as they spot a bottle
> of Red Square Reloaded. Building on the following of previous creatives
> these new ads focus the customer on the urban nature of Red Square
> Reloaded."

I agree!  I was amused by this hyperbole:

"HA new advertising campaign for Red Square Reloaded, the number one
pre-mix vodka drink with caffeine, is the first of its kind as stenciled
people 'free-run' around urban streets and buildings.

[[...]]

Breaking on November 1, the 30-second ad is entitled 'Silver Machine'
and features filming and production techniques that have never before
been used in a commercial advertisement."
<<<<<

For a "first of its kind" with "never before" used techniques, the ad
reminded me a *lot* of those Apple iPod ads featuring the dancing people
on the posters...

Cheers,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu