Astoria tickets

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 11 09:24:32 EST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:55:00 +0000, eddie jobson <eddiejobson at HOTMAIL.COM>
wrote:

>Ticketmaster, what a rip off!

Not for nothing have they earned the nickname Ticketbastard.

I once used them to buy tickets for a gig (not HW) in Brighton, when I got
down there I found the venue was still being built!! The gig itself was
taking place at a different venue, something I discovered purely by chance.
When I got to the second venue nobody knew anything about our
supposed "reserved tickets" although the promoter was kind enough to let us
in for free when I explained the situation. When I subsequently complained
to Ticketmaster I received no reply.

I swore I would never use them again, but foolishly did so- I booked a
ticket through them to see the Magic Band at the Garage earlier this year.
The gig was cancelled but they declined to provide a refund on the grounds
that the ticket was valid for the following night's gig - however I could
not go the following night. Subsequent emails were again met with a wall of
silence. Short of contacting a lawyer there's not much that can be done
about such practices, except to alert others. My advice: avoid Ticketmaster
like the plague.

Nick