Here & Now

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Mon Nov 15 13:53:23 EST 2004

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 01:39:46 -0000, trev <judge48 at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>The original Here and Now are best, and most recently, represented
>(In my opinion), by the band "Ici Maintenants" - "Here and Now", in
>French. Their latest album, featuring the legendary Kif Kif on
>percussion as well as Stephie Sharpstrings, Twink, and Timmah is
>available here - right now - :
>http://www.realfestivalmusic.co.uk/music.html

I think 'Space and Time' from Ici Maintenants is extremely good, and
definitely recommended to those who like mostly instrumental extended
jamming-style space-rock. If I had any complaints, it would be that the
disc has a sort of candy-coated over-saturated feel, like its TOO colorful,
TOO sweet, laid on TOO thick - all dessert and no main course, kind of,
like. And also there is the obligatory reggae bit which kind of stops
things dead in their tracks for 10 minutes, at least for me. But this is
still one of, if not the, best festi-style releases of the past few years
in my book.

Stephan