OFF: Outskirts of Infinity & The Bevis Frond @ The Standard, Walthamstow, 10th October 2004

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Tue Nov 16 10:48:15 EST 2004

Jon Jarrett wrote re: Scorched Earth

> That said, when that project was in its first offings, Nick's
> mail-out talked about exorcising his and Paul's Monster Magnet and
> Sabbath
> demons. I love the result, but I can't help feeling we're still waiting
> for an album answering that description.

Oddly enough, there's a review of Hit Squad floating around from
Aquarius Records in San Francisco that described it, at its best, as
sounding like bad Monster Magnet and at it's worst imitating Lenny
Kravtiz!

> Given their mutual ear for The
> Riff, Paul and Nick could do that pretty well I think (and hell, Paul's
> doing nothing else at the moment :-( ).

I'd love to see Scorched Earth become more than a one-off band, I have
no doubt they'd eventually reach that Magnet/Sabbath sound.
Unfortunately, if it's only an itch to be scratched we probably won't
see Scorched Earth 2 any time soon, if ever.

Brian

---
Brian Halligan
blackblade at bhalligan.com