OFF: John Peel / Delia Derbyshire

Wed Nov 17 07:28:44 EST 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Rik Rx wrote:

> Delia Derbyshire (BBC Radio Workshop and Space Music pioneer)
> made a wonderful electronically processed recording using John's voice in
> 1969....
>
> Thought it might prove topical to listen to......
>
> MP3 Link on this page:
>
> http://www.delia-derbyshire.org/recordings.php
>
> Enjoy and savour John's unique voice one last time....

        There's some fascinating stuff on that page. Not just the John
Peel track, topical though it be, but a load of stuff. I'm now wondering
how difficult it would be to find her early works.

        Also, the couple of interviews, both done when she was sixty-plus
and unbeknownst to her going to die in a few years... But *how* alive does
she come across? Had she stopped in any way? It seems not. I hope I'm
still getting that much out of things when I'm in my closing
stages. Yours,
               Jon

ObCD: Lotus - _Complete Fruitage_
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)