HW: My Top 10 Space albums

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Mon Nov 29 19:24:19 EST 2004

excellent list! but let us also not forget Melting Euphoria 2, 3 and 4th
albums, especially, Spacious Mind (esp. Organic Mind Solution), Escapade (esp.
Citrus Cloud Cover), Silver Apples (seems like a missing link to me), and for a
more modern representation - the Alchemysts and Simeon album, Liquid Sound
Company, Darxtar (Darker and Daybreak for me more than Sju), Boredoms' later stuff
is incomparable, Igra Staklenih Perli, Helios Creed, Spacehead's "In Space We
Trust", Guru Guru ("Space Ship", "Electric Junk" are as space-rock as it
gets, though of course you have those funk/stoner elements as well), Salamander,
Fuxa's krautrock stuff, Vas Deferens Org. (though hardly a "space-rock band"
really), did anyone mention Census of Hallucinations? (same goes for them as
VDO, i guess)...
the bus is coming soon, i better quit before i ramble anyway, i just love
names... there's so much more modern stuff, too...it's just harder to categorize
them as "space-rock"... as for Neu!/Can-like neo-post-kraut-whatever, one of
my favorites to listen to is chicago's Defender, who finally gave up after one
EP...but they submitted all this demo and live stuff to Aural Innovations that
was just fantastic...

i like to think of some of Camel's stuff as space-rock, too, another story
perhaps...

ok, maybe back for more later...

chuck