OFF: Re: "LIVE AT GLASTONBURY" Judge Trev and jaki Windmill - new RFM album

Tue Nov 30 04:18:39 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, trev wrote:

> LIVE AT GLASTONBURY
> JUDGE TREV  and JAKI WINDMILL
>
> Recorded live at the pedal generator powered Mandala Marquee at
> Glastonbury Fest 2004, this milestone album is a CDR of the their
> first ever gig as a duo. Jaki will surprise you with her beautiful
> "meadow lark" vocals as well as her songwriting talents. Towards the
> end of the gig, who should walk in but Hawkwind's Ron Tree who took
> the stage and performed a couple of acoustic solo songs, including
> "Negative Positive", one of his latest compositions.

        The Ron stuff sounds interesting but it has to be said, with no
offence meant to the Rt Hon Judge, I would indeed be surprised by Jaki's
"beautiful" vocals as the only noise I've ever heard her produce is
an ill-timed and atonal screech. Perhaps she thinks that's what Space
Ritual really needs, but I beg to differ. There is stuff I need to get
from RFM, but I might wait a while on this one.

        What we need[1] from RFM is Bajina/ICH/whatever-the-Judge-
Trev/Ron-combo is currently called up and gigging, because that'd be
fabulous. Put them on a double bill with Litmus, see who goes fastest
:-) Yours,
           Jon

[1] Obviously when I say "we need", I mean "I want", but phrased in some
way that makes it seem as if that's actually a good enough reason for it
to be organised.

ObCD: Litmus - _You Are Here_