HW: Utopia 1984

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Tue Nov 30 19:37:42 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 19:01 -0500, Nick Medford wrote:

> Anyone know what this is? (basically, bootleg or legit?)
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&category=16137&item=4055994748&rd=1
>
> (link may break)
>
> The description suggests it 1) wasn't all recorded in 1984 and 2)might
> contain tracks from "Do Not Panic".

I have a copy of this LP, which I bought in the 80s.  I don't know about
how legit it is: it could be the product of those interminable
re-releases that the Hawkwind _Anthology_ series seemed to spawn.  (I do
remember it was priced really cheaply.)  Anyway, you probably have all
the tracks already, as they're all previously released in the same
versions on _Do Not Panic_, the _Earth Ritual Preview_, and _Zones_.
Here's the track listing from the Hawkwind discography:

1985  Utopia 1984 Material from ERP, Stonehenge, and Zones  (Mausoleum)
        Levitation (Brock)
        Circles (Brock/Langton)
        Space Chase (Langton)
        Zones (Brock)