HW: Utopia 1984

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Nov 30 21:51:53 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:02:10 -0500, Nick Medford <nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM>
wrote:

>Thanks for the info. I suppose if it's listed in the HW discography it
>must be legal (although possibly not band-approved), or is that an unsafe
>assumption?

I think it's safe to say that it was legally licensed to the label that
put it out (Magnum?) by Frenchy, who was legally entitled (as owner of
Flicknife) to license the Flicknife material to other labels.  As we well
know, just because a lawyer (or a judge) says that something is legally
correct, doesn't mean that it's morally *right* (or even true).

Of course, it wouldn't be listed as a "core" album, since it's compiled
from three sources.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com