BOC-L Digest - 1 Oct 2004 to 2 Oct 2004 (#2004-246)

Mark Lee MLee at GROUPWISE.LINNEY.COM
Mon Oct 4 05:08:58 EDT 2004

Now this I like the sound of, I was never a huge fan of a lot of Mikes'
work, I read everything I could get my hands on as a spotty youth
and found that the only stuff I liked much were the Elric books, some
of the short stories were OK but I could never get into a lot of the
other series, Count Brass etc etc, nothing wrong with the works
per se, just not my cuppa, might be time to reread them given the
25 year gap.  Now I have something else to look forward too, wonder
who they'll cast as Zarozania and Moonglum ?

Mark (Hasbeen)

>Date:    Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:29:21 -0500
>From:    Rich <cosmicdolphin at COMCAST.NET>
>Subject: Re: Elric

>>Tenuous way to start a thread maybe but;

>>Did anybody else see the banter about a proposed trilogy of films to
be
>>made
>>about Elric perchance, wondered if this was a sensible discussion in
>>Hollywood or just noise on the mail groups ? This stems from a brief
>>surf
>>around last night in a moment of sheer boredom, work can be like
that
>>after everyone else goes home ya know.
>
>Moorcock sold the rights to Universal, and the Weisz? Brothers who did
the
>American Pie Series are writing/producing with alot of input from
Mike.  The
>first film is being scripted based on Dreaming City and Elric of
Melnibone.
>In theory Universal are fast tracking the project, to cash in on the
post
>Lord of the Rings Fantasy Boom.
>
>Mike has said that he is pushing for Paul Bettany as Elric
>http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0079273/ who was in Master and Commander. A
vote
>among fans has suggested they'd like Johnny Depp ;-)
>
>He has also said his last Eternal Champion book will be 'White Wolfs
Son'
>which he's just finishing.
>
>Check out www.multiverse.org for more information, Mike posts alot of
>replies to messages on the forums.
>
>Rich

DISCLAIMER: Information contained in this email or any
attachment may be of a confidential nature which should not be disclosed
to, copied or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you
receive this email in error, please delete the email from
your computer. Internet communications are not secure and
therefore W & J Linney Limited and/or its associated companies
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message. Although the W & J Linney Group operates anti-virus
programmes, it does not accept responsibility for any damage
whatsoever that is caused by viruses being passed. Any views
or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of the W & J Linney Group.
Replies to this email may be monitored by the W & J Linney
Group for operational or business reasons.