BOC: A "dizzying excursion into Pearlman's world"

Wed Oct 6 09:42:11 EDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, John Swartz wrote:

> The fact that "You'e Not the One" is a BOC song, now that we know "the
> rest of the story"...well, I for one think that's great.  A real Spinal
> Tap moment for sure.  The drummer goes off and writes a stupid song
> about the producer (ripping off another song in the process), and the
> producer puts it on the album!  How cool is that?

        Well... it's about as cool as when it happened with `Debbie
Denise' in my book :-) You know? To get one joke song on an album by
mistake is unfortunate; to get two on records begins to look like
carelessness... :-) Yours,
                           Jon

ObLP: Iggy & the Stooges - _Raw Power_
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)