BOC: A "dizzying excursion into Pearlman's world"

Wed Oct 6 16:52:59 EDT 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Albert Bouchard wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2004, at 9:42 AM, Jon Jarrett wrote:
>
> > Well... it's about as cool as when it happened with `Debbie
> > Denise' in my book :-)
>
> Debbie Denise isn't a joke. Sorry if you don't like it. :-(

        I'm sorry Al! I've been having a search on the archives for where
on earth I got that idea and I can't find it. I remember, or seem to, a
post of yours about the song `Fire of Unknown Origin', and how it had been
meant to go on instead of `Debbie Denise' but the producer had vetoed
it. Because then you'd have been singing more songs on the album than
Eric? And yet they put one of yours on anyway...

        Now I'm sure this post I remember was yours because I remember you
saying how frustrating that was after you'd put every piece of imaginative
expression you owned into those vocals. But I can't find hide nor hair of
such a post in the archives so maybe I dreamt it :-(

        Anyay, somewhere in this mess I must have got the idea you weren't
terribly attached to `Debbie Denise' since you'd wanted a different song
on the album instead. But if I was wrong about that... and I discover
whilst *trying* to find that post that tBS do `Debbie Denise' live
occasionally... Ach. I made a mistake.

        It's not my favourite BOC song but I've never programmed it out of
the CD. There are those I have. I'd rather have had that version of `Fire'
myself, but hey, I got it in the end :-) Still rather abashed, yours,
                                                                      Jon

--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)