HW: is anyone still listening? who invented the spacerock riff?

Christian christian.eric_mumford at CHELLO.NO
Fri Oct 8 14:39:05 EDT 2004

One may make claim to saying Dave Brock as a gentleman or as a criminal
mind after Syd Barrett. One could also say a Bob Calvert was great man with
Orgones, or that there was an assault and battery for a battery hen. As a
pensioned spacerocker/spacerock head on welfare I make cliams to have
invented the spacerock riff on welfare, baddoumbaddoum baddoum.. rumbliy
bass, to quote Here And Now "A Flaming Lance Shining Like A Beacon" or that
Daevid Allen invented the Glorious Om Riff with Steve Hillage, though they
were "inverted". Is anyone still listening to me? X-Ray Spex "Germ Free
Adolescents" - Great Spacerock. Michael Moorcock-Jerusalem Commands - Four
Minute Warning! +++In Your Area (a CD I once had in my proud posession with
over 70 other Hawkwind CD's) - By the way, this list is full of jukes!!!
regards,

still in psychiatric prison for criminal minds,
Chr. aka Blockbuster (who fell from the Stars and went on a Rampage)

"have you ever spent the night in jail, well I have!"
-The Standells