HW: hotel options for xmas date

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Oct 12 10:38:14 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

OK.  So far, this is what I've found:

:Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel, 4 star. Near Warren Street tube
station.  Tottenham Court Road.
:Double / twin rooms:
:Room only:  65.00 per room per night.
:Bed and Breakfast: 80.00 per room per night.
(at the far end of Tottenham Ct Road, perhaps a bit far.)

:
:Radisson Edwardian Marlborough Hotel, 4 star.  Bloomsbury Street, near
Tottenham Court Road.
:Double / twin rooms:
:Room only:  70.00 per room per night.
:Bed and Breakfast: 85.00 per room per night.
(much closer to the venue)

Travelodge in Covent Garden:
80.00 per room per night (as a group booking.)  If you are willing to go
to their website and book direct, you can get 45.00 a night, but room
only, and nonrefundable.

St. Giles (right by the Tottenham Court Station): 89.00 a night.

Best Western's Shaftesbury hotel is booked solid for the night,
regrettably.

There are also a host of smaller hotel options, but I'm having difficulty
reaching them :-(.  (As most of them don't have email, and I can't really
call around during the day while I work ;-) )

The bloomsbury thistle is in the over 100.00 range :-(, and the Choice
Hotels folks (comfort inn, quality inn, etc.) aren't showing anything in
the immediate area.

Of our choices, the st. giles is closest, with the travelodge and the
edwardian marlborough close.

Votes?

Thanks,

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT/ENSS                 tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #418    Chicago, IL 60637      fax: (773)702-0559