HW: MC 'On The Ether' UPDATED

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Wed Oct 13 01:17:51 EDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 01:36:19PM -0600, Mark Licht wrote:
> > 'On the Ether' info updated on Mission Control:
>
>  What exactly is the update?  I didn't see anything new since the music
> links.  Would it be possible to add a date of the last update on the page?

This has often messed me up too.  I've just now realized why:
  - "On the Ether" is NOT the same page as "Latest Info"
  - you can't get to OTE directly from the home page, but only
    from the navigation bar at the top of "inside" pages; this
    lack of a home-page link is what has in the past confused me
    into thinking that "On the Ether" was another name for
    "Latest Info"

OK, it makes sense that the two pages are separate; it looks as
though LI is intended for hard news, and OTE for rumours and
fluff (though the distinction seems rather fuzzy in practice).

What doesn't make sense is that LI can be accessed from the home
page, but not from the site-wide nav. bar, and OTE vice versa.
ISTM that both pages should have links in both places.  Just
another of those www.hawkwind.com mysteries...

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
The animal that coils in a circle is the serpent; that's why so
many cults and myths of the serpent exist, because it's hard to
represent the return of the sun by the coiling of a hippopotamus.
        - Umberto Eco, "Foucault's Pendulum"