HW: Letter to Robert

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Oct 14 17:23:36 EDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:31:02 +0100, HawkFan <hawkfan at RATSAUCE.CO.UK> wrote:

>Is the letter to Bob Calvert? It sounds not unlike his spoken pieces from
>the late 70s Hawkwind, though some of the opinions expressed don't sound
>like anything I've heard in his stuff.

Some of the opinions do seem a bit bizarre, yes.  But remember that Bob
was very much about "getting into" the characters he wrote about,
sometimes going a bit too far.  So I'd find it entirely plausible that
these are things he might have discussed, even if they weren't necessarily
what he believed.

The song will definitely make the perfect soundtrack for the next time I
put on my tinfoil hat and start checking my apartment for the microwave
transmitter that's beaming mind-control signals from Alpha Centauri (or
the republicans?) into my head ;^).

>In the clip supplied on the web site the track only starts getting
>interesting right at the end of the clip. Just have to wait for the album
>I suppose :-)

Can't wait!  This sounds like a particularly fun one ... I always greatly
enjoy manifestations of Hawkwind's sense of humor ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com