BRAIN: tBS sets

Jason js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Sun Oct 17 10:57:06 EDT 2004

At 09:42 AM 10/17/2004, you wrote:
>[2] I think there's enough great Brain Surgeons material at
>this point (and as I mentioned in the review, we haven't
>even heard all the new stuff yet) that the BOC section of
>the show should be chopped down to maybe 2 songs.  And given
>the quality of the Brain Surgeons material that Al has been
>turning out for years now, in my opinion the BOC songs are
>no longer the highlight of the show,

I completely agree with you on this, John. tBS' catalog is very exciting to
pull tunes from. Anyone care to lobby for "lil Egypt"? :)   or Bad Habit?

What's truly exciting, though,  is how much of that  set is new material.
When was
the last time BOC's shows were that way? 1981?

That said, if chopping down TBS's "let me show you how it SHOULD be done"
section of the show  to 2 B' O Cult songs, i'd go with Death valley nights
and Baby Ice Dog... the heavy version from "Career of
Christmas"/Malpractice fits with the mood, and DVN would be a nice "break"
before ragin' fuill on into the set's home stretch. That and the lyrics
kick the most ass for your dollar (excepting Dominance and Submission...
but that's a different kind of kicking.)

Jason