tBS @ The Meat Locker, Montclair NJ 10/15/04

Albert Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Oct 17 13:04:55 EDT 2004

On Oct 16, 2004, at 11:14 PM, Stephen Swann wrote:

>> Can you comment a bit on how Tatoo Vampire differed from the BOC
>> version?  Was
>> the music totally different?  the tempo? the spitting of blood?  I
>> was in a
>> band once that performed that song regulary.  Great song to play and
>> certainly
>> a great show opener.
>
> I wish I was a musician so I could tell you!  :)
> Fortunately, the world's leading expert on tBS' music
> happens to read this list, and is often willing to field
> questions...

Uh, it's not very different from the BOC version IMO. We've split the
voicings of the two guitars with Deb playing a higher, lighter more
sustained part and Ross doing the down and dirty chugging part. I also
altered the melody to give myself some higher notes and changed some of
the words to what Helen sang on the Archetype record. It's pretty
straightforward now. I've done versions where the tempo was speeded up
and other ones with Helen where the riff was totally different but now
we're doing it more like BOC than ever except we play it heavier. ;-)
Al