Fw: Carol Clerk book

dave hall dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Oct 17 16:51:28 EDT 2004

Subject: HW: Carol Clerk book

Just finished reading this!! I also have Ian's. My suggestion - get both - read Ian's first; has more of a music content, then read Carol's. My thoughts? Well the people come across basically as I thought they were/are. Dave as a bit of a hustler, Nik desperate to be seen as "the conscience of hawkwind" (and back in the band) (and doesn't like Lemmy - that is obvious) - the rest judge for yourselves. There are some real arseholes amongst the ex-members!  I was at some of the events discussed in CCs book. Backstage at Earth Ritual and Black Sword tours - Hawkon - Stonehenge etc etc., some of doesn't exactly square with my memory. Dave B following Dave A about at Hawkon? Don't think so - DB couldn't move for fans. Trev Hughes has jumped ship for Nik, again! Saw Trev at the Edinburgh gig a couple of years back- care to repeat what you said there? As Huw says: without Dave B it isn't Hawkwind!! All jolly fun.
Dave