BOC-L Digest - 9 Sep 2004 to 10 Sep 2004 (#2004-223)

Mon Oct 18 06:36:55 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 CWarburton at OAG.COM wrote:

> There are new bands coming through, but they're not necessarily (at
> the moment) to the taste of habitués of this list - the whole ska/punk
> scene seems to be truly thriving judging by my son's idea of a good
> night out.  Jon may wish to note that Josiah (who opened Canterbury a
> coupla years back) are still going, and appear to be recording now (I
> heard some stuff on (believe it or not) Radio Scotland while on
> holiday. While I wouldn't knock tribute/cover bands - I was most
> entertained by Whole Lotta Led recently - I think that the large
> number of them that are touring may be having a stultifying effect on
> small venues.

        I am interested in the Josiah thing, although I had heard that
they had an album out some time ago. The last place I heard of this,
though, was practically on topic. I don't know if anyone but me has gone
to look at <http://www.delerium.co.uk> recently, but in its static state
it is pluggi a new label called Molten Records who are currently boasting
On Trial and, you guessed it, Josiah. Because it's mentioned there I'm
wondering if Richard Allen is behind this? Yours,
                                                  Jon

--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)