OFF: CD Rot

Rich cosmicdolphin at COMCAST.NET
Mon Oct 18 09:51:07 EDT 2004

Yep. The older Ozrics CDs pressed by PDO are rotting, my strangeitude looks
terrible but still plays ok. Also my ltd triple CD of last train to Lhasa by
Banco De Gaia has browned.  My Virgin Quark is just dandy though.

I have a few early CDVideo Singles, ie audio singles that will play some
video on the old laserdisc players as well, that have laser rot and will be
useless in a few years. If I remember rightly my UK Dead Kennedys
(Alternative Tentacles) Disc is also bronzing.

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of Bart Brugmans
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 7:50 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: OFF: CD Rot

I also have a few of these disks. The're brown, but still play (some UK
pressing
of Alternative Tentacles cd's), and mabey even some other ones (but then
i'll
have to check the all).

Supposedly, you should be able to send the defected disc back and get a new
one...
see:
http://foetusized.org/cdrot.html
and