BOC: Imaginos question. Which track(s) most accurate?

John Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Thu Oct 21 09:05:24 EDT 2004

>> In the opinion of those who may have heard demos of the
>> un-BOC-itized version (Albert's version) of Imaginos, which
>> track or tracks sound the truest to Albert's intentions?  Ie
>> the least altered or polluted by the subsequent production and
>> additions  of Buck et al?

An interesting question.  The overall istrumental sound didn't change
much between Al's demos and the final product (which is why those who
hear Al's demos know who the real creative force behind this album is).
  The biggest change is probably more of omission (no "Gil Blanco
County", "The Girl the Love Made Blind", plus a few other tracks like
the overture...) than comission.  Having made that caveat, perhaps
"...Frankenstein..." is the closest, retaining Joey Cerisano's lead
vocal.  After that, I'd probably say "Blue Oyster Cult", "Del Rio's
Song" and "I Am the One You Warned Me Of" are perhaps the closest, as
memory serves ... hmm... maybe it's time to dig that tape out and give
it another spin...

John