BOC:Popoff's text and miscellany.

Jason js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Thu Oct 21 23:04:37 EDT 2004

Just finished it.

My impressions ---
1. Eric is very glib in his answers to questions.  Perhaps suprisingly so,
given Popoff's
description of Eric as a driving force. I juse don't see how.
2. Allen,when he's asked something, gave onger answers than I though he'd give.
I wonder what he says when asked "Why are there so few Allen Lanier
compositions in BOC?"
3.  I loved Pearlman's judgement about Club Ninja. I might have missed it,
but how did he get roped into
doing it with so many outside, un BOC songs?
4.  Bolle seems like the fan version of Sandy Pearlman.
5. Murray K's role in the band was very interesting to read about; I've not
read/heard that much
about his role in the Oystercrew.

I think the book most importantly, (not the best word...) captures
the way a band can cease to exist (c. Fire of Unknown Origin & Lanier's
departure in Ninjatimes),
and how its individual members find ways to carry on in their own rights.

Lastly, a question about today: is BOC still on Sanctuary? I always get the
feelign when the co.
issues a Best of that it's an end-of-contract dealie.

Lastly + !, reading about Il Duce made me want to hear the tune again after
seeing tBS-as-trio
perform the tune.   How different was the BOC version of the song?