HW: New album (Kenny G etc.)

CWarburton at OAG.COM CWarburton at OAG.COM
Mon Oct 25 06:40:46 EDT 2004

Doug wrote:
> My biggest complaint is: What the f*^k is up with the
> lite-jazz Kenny G sax (or sax samples)?!?  Awful!  The sound
> brings to mind velour-leisure- suited cocktail lounge
> musicians of the 1970s ... playing the kind of music that
> Michael Butterworth describes as coming out of the Death
> Generator in 'Time Of The Hawklords'.  It's as criminal as if
> they'd put a power ballad with that awful 80's DX-7 Rhodes
> piano preset on CotBS (or if Rudolph/Powell had successfully
> carried out their coup and made a disco/funk/fusion HW album
> in '77).  If you're gonna have a saxophone in your rock band,
> it's *gotta* have balls!  Well-mannered doesn't cut it!
> (Whew! Glad I got that off my chest.)...

Which reminded me about this that came up on the AdrianBelewTribe list
=================================
> > Somebody sent me this snippet from an interview with Pat Metheny.
> > Pat is my new choice for U.S. President.
> > http://www.jazzoasis.com/methenyonkennyg.htm
> >
> > Pat Metheny on Kenny G...
>
> For entertaining and insightful audio commentary on
> Pat's essay, go to:

http://www.richardthompson-music.com/audio/I_Agree_With_Pat_Metheny.mp3
Mr. Thompson's contribution nearly left me with an embarassing puddle
under my office chair...
Cheers
Chrisw
ObCD: Richard & Linda Thompson - Hokey Pokey
NOTICE: This e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s). It may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail and attachment(s): you must not copy, distribute, retain or take any action in reliance upon the email or attachment(s). While all reasonable efforts are made to safeguard inbound and outbound e-mails, OAG Worldwide Ltd and its affiliate companies cannot guarantee that attachments are virus-free or are compatible with your systems, and does not accept liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced. Thank you.