HW: Its A Laugh

Mark Von Bargen atnr63 at DSL.PIPEX.COM
Tue Oct 26 09:11:45 EDT 2004

McCartney's younger brother is/was known as Mike McGear - was a member of
the Scaffold; a group of Liverpool poets which also included John Gorman who
later went on to do kids tv and Roger McGough who passed away a couple of
years back.
They had a coupe of fairly serious hit singles - Lily The Pink and Thank You
Very Much (for the Aintree Iron).
More details here:
http://iankitching.me.uk/music/scaffold/

Cheers,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Ketil Svendsen
Sent: 26 October 2004 10:25
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: HW: Its A Laugh

"Once back in England, Timothy Brock, Slattery, and ..."

Timothy? surely Dave's younger brother; the composer and conductor....
 ;-)
Springs to mind: Paul the surviving beatle has a
less-known-brother-in-the-same-trade (mick?). What a fate.

anyway ... hehe ....  and it goes on:

"They were touring the United States behind the release of the album
when Lemmy was arrested on drug charges. He was fired from the band and
went on to form (Ex) Cat Heads, a successful and influential metal band."

whoa ...

Ketil