OFF: G For Germany - redux

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Sep 2 11:16:36 EDT 2004

Just a quick note to say sorry I didn't meet up with any list members on
my German tour.

In the end we did
Leiden-Gemmelich-Aachen-St.Goar-Mainz-Heidelberg-Trier-Cologne-Munster

Germans have to be the most friendly people on the planet and we had a
great time visiting cathedrals, castles and Roman monuments as well as a
large number of very nice restaurants and old wood-panelled bars. The
Germans could certainly teach us Brits a lot about how to light a room.

Most beautiful city: Heidelberg
Best monument: Roman baths in Trier
Best Bar: Heidelberg/Cologne/Munster/Aachen all had fantastic places
Best Beer: Bitenburg (sorry, it had to be Belgian - the Germans could
           learn something about beer from countries starting with B)

ObServations: Germany has the cycling thing a lot more sorted than we do.
              Germany has a lot of trees. Britain must look nude to Germans.

Unfortunately the only music I saw involved piano accordion.

Next time... I'll definitely be Bach.

FoFP