HW: BURG HERZBERG 17.07.2004

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Fri Sep 3 10:15:48 EDT 2004

JJ queries...

<snipping most informative review, as I can't add anything to it
except to say, yeah, who are Pothead?>

Brilliant stonerish-psych band (well, at least on this night) based in
Berlin but hailing from Portland, Oregon.  I was wondering why they spoke
American English.

www.pothead.de gets you their site.

>How were Outskirts of Infinity?

I liked them quite alot, but was only familiar with just a small fraction of
their stuff ahead of time since their CDs are so rare.  (Luckily I found one
at the fest.)  My review of the whole event will appear shortly on AI.com,
so I'll let you know when it's up.
BTW...for those in either of these areas...

The Bevis Frond are playing The Harmonie Club, Bonn on October the 6th for
German Television's Rockpalast as part of the Crossroads Festival with On
Trial and Ricochets.
http://www.rockpalast.de/bands/the_bevis_frond/

The Bevis Frond will also be playing the Standard Music Venue, Walthamstow,
London (opposite Blackhorse Road Underground station) on October the 10th
supported by The Outskirts of Infinity. Tickets only available at the door
on the day of the show.
>The extra Frond members are Paul Simmons of The Alchemysts
>The new drummer is a man called Jules Fenton

Thanks for that info!

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  In December, 2004, they will have another three-day Crossroads fest at
this club in Bonn, featuring Amon Duul II, Birth Control, Guru Guru, Jane,
Epitaph, and Karthago.  All will be show on WDR TV at some point on the
Rockpalast show.

P.P.S.  Amon Duul II didn't get their visas approved in time to make it to
the US for ProgDay and the other dates they were planning.  Perhaps soon
though.  Gee, thanks Tom Ridge!  You're my hero.  Protecting the borders
from geriatric hippies.

P.P.P.S.  Still nothing about "Take Me to Your Leader" on the Voiceprint
page.  In the upcoming releases, they have this Hawkfest Spacehead recording
CD listed.  I think I remember somebody mentioning it here (?)...is it
already out now?