HW: "The Best of Indie Metal" (kollektors nugget bulletin)

Ian Jeffcock ianjeffcock at PACIFIC.NET.SG
Sat Sep 4 03:33:33 EDT 2004

Hi Christian,

Thanks for putting this kollektors nugget up on the list.
I'd certainly never heard of this release before.
Am I right in thinking that this is the only release of
Huw's "Wind Of Change" on CD?
I had a quick look thru my Hawkwind Friends And Relations CDs,
and could find the other 3 Huw tracks from the other flicknife
singles on "Friends & Relations The Very Best Of Plus Raraties":
(1) Outside The Law - A side from the 7" single free with Outside The Law
(2) Working Time - B side from 7" single Wind Of Change
(3) I See You - B side from the 7" single free with Outside The Law
So this track completes my Huw collection I think.

Found my copy on eBay about a week back and for only 99p,
I'd have paid $$ just for this Huw track, its the first time I've been
able to listen to it in 10 years, since the stylus broke on my
turntable, I just never bothered replacing it...!
Now, maybe I should consider trying to find a replacement stylus
otherwise I may never get to hear Huw's "Dreams That Fade Away",
and that bad quality flicknife "Outside The Law" LP again!

BTW, anyone looked at Huw's site recently, there are a few MP3s up there:
5 demo tracks from Huw's late 70's band Jawa, including a great version
of Rocky Paths for all you Huw era Hawkind fans! Definitely worth checking out!

Cheers,
Ian.