OFF: Hi Again

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Sep 10 04:52:05 EDT 2004

Jon Jarrett wrote:
>         I don't rate Foo Fighters myself, but maybe I just haven't heard
> the good stuff. I'd back Queens of the Stone Age against them for the
> MTV2-friendly end of things, but now that QotSA are working without Nick
> Oliveri *or* Dave Grohl I think their tiem may be over.

I never found either QotSA or the Foo Fighters fully satisfying. I mean,
the Foos particularly have occasionally turned out well-crafted little
pop-rock numbers -- I'll snap fingers whilst humming along to "Times
Like These" with the best of 'em -- I've never warmed to either band's
output as a whole.  They just never seemed like enough _fun_.

Both QotSA and the Foos seemed to benefit from Grohl's association with
the former, but now ..... eh, there's not so much to lose, IMO.

>         But yeah, even I begin to worry that the new bands aren't coming
> up like they used to. I'm in the wrong place to be seeing it though
> because Cambridge's music scene is dead as Dawson and Crick.

Effing dead, so it is :P   Anyone want to start a no-frills spacerock
band? :)

Cheers,
Carl

--