Motorhead/Warrior CD Question

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Sep 11 15:25:03 EDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:21:41 +0100, colm mcwilliams
<colm.mcwilliams at NTLWORLD.COM> wrote:

>Levitation (Griffin Version with Nuclear Toy Bonus Track)???
>
>whats this? i didnt realise there was a griffin version of levitation!

I think there was a Griffin version of almost *everything* except the EMI
stuff (bar Warrior), Hawklords/25 Years, and PXR5 (a great service to we
fans, but probably not the most successful business plan).

>i thought that only castle had re-issued this cd
>
>apart from ASAM and the RCA stuff what else did griffin release of
>hawkwinds core albums on cd with extra tracks?

Live Chronicles is probably the most significant one, especially since the
inclusion of the Moorcock poems allowed some really BAD edits to be un-done
(like the one at the very beginning between the announcement, "Welcome to
the chronicle of the black sword" and "Song of the Swords" - I always
wondered why the edit in the original version was so horrid).  Even though
it's still missing the encore medley (gotta buy the dvd for that) ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com