BOC: A "dizzying excursion into Pearlman's world"

jswartz@mitre.org jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Mon Sep 13 07:56:07 EDT 2004

I've also just finished Popoff's book.  Perhaps it is because I've had
contact with Al over the years, but I can say that I did not get the
impression that he was an "ogre" at all.  Yes, some of your crazy
behaviour was mentioned (as George Bush has said, "When I was young and
stupid I was young and stupid", and he got to be president, so
there...).  Personally, I was much more put off by some of the comments
of Pearlman, Meltzer, and Krugman.  Of course, I wasn't in the studio
with you guys, but I still think they take way too much credit for the
band's successes, and have no qualms about pointing out how if everyone
had just listened to them, the band would have had fewer failures.

John