BOC: A "dizzying excursion into Pearlman's world"

Albert Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Sep 13 19:24:48 EDT 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 7:56 AM, jswartz at mitre.org wrote:

> Personally, I was much more put off by some of the comments
> of Pearlman, Meltzer, and Krugman.  Of course, I wasn't in the studio
> with you guys, but I still think they take way too much credit for the
> band's successes, and have no qualms about pointing out how if everyone
> had just listened to them, the band would have had fewer failures.

It's all how you look at it. I know what you mean though. Sandy meant
commercial failures and Murray meant artistic failures and Meltzer,
he's just a grouch. I'm the only one who kept notes, however, and I
know how hard everybody worked to make those records. It was always a
group effort but by the time we got to FoUO everybody was running out
of steam. But it doesn't diminish me to acknowledge the others. As I
said the only failure I will admit is You're Not the One because it
wasn't supposed to be on the record (OK it was my little joke and now
you all are in on it - even Tom Werman - after he heard it and liked it
I didn't have the guts to tell him it was about him). Any other failure
were brave failures (over-reaching/experiments that failed stuff) and
to me that's not real failure.