BOC: official adioses

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Tue Sep 14 20:32:25 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 19:19, Jason M. Scruton wrote:
> >From blueoystercult.com

> Danny accepted a position alongside former BOC drummer John Miceli playing in
> the band for the "We Will Rock You" musical in Las Vegas. Danny's last show
> with BOC was September 12, 2004.

For those, like me, who haven't the foggiest what this is about, here is
a description I found on the WWW:

Three-hundred years in the future, the world has succumbed to
globalization. On every continent, people share the same thoughts, the
same experiences. Earth is now Planet Mall. Conformity rules. Musical
instruments are banned.

In Bohemia, hope grows from the legend of a mighty axe left by a guitar
god, buried somewhere deep in rock. Seeking a hero who can find this
instrument of change and draw it from the stone, the Bohemians turn to
Galileo, a little silhouetto of a man who may be the one to lead a
rebellion against the worldwide shadow of corporate domination.

Set to 25 of Queen's epic hits, including "Bohemian Rhapsody," "We Are
The Champions," "Another One Bites the Dust," and "Crazy Little Thing
Called Love," "We Will Rock You" follows this battle of the individual
against the system.

The production is augmented by satirical bite from writer/director (and
acclaimed U.K. comedian) Ben Elton and cutting-edge production design
from Mark Fisher, who has staged some of the most show-stopping concerts
in rock history, including Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and U2's "Zoo TV."

Queen guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor are the musical
directors of this show that's already enjoyed a heady run in London's
prestigious West End.

(http://www.lasvegas.com/show_event/we_will_rock_you_show_detail.htm)
<<<<<

So, I guess Danny will still be cranking out an unchanging setlist of
old tunes from the 70s and 80s night after night after night... >;-)

Cheers,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa