OFF:Worldcon

Thu Sep 16 07:15:18 EDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Arin Komins wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, dave hall wrote:
>
> :Here's one:
> :Baker - Tim Blake -Bill Bruford (played in Gong briefly along with Blake) -
> :Fripp
>
> huh.  I didn't know that.
>
> Did Bruford last long enough to play on any gong albums?

        I wouldn't mind knowing that either; presumably he fitted in
between Pyle and Moerlen, or was he post-_Angel's Egg_? Except that
Moerlen's on _Fish Rising_ so presumably didn't fall out with anyone major
just then.

        It's important after all as Bill Bruford connects you to
absolutely everyone, and otherwise we have to take a longer route (such as
Simon House [Japan] Richard Barbieri [Porcupine Tree] Steven Wilson [Bass
Communion] Robert Fripp...) :-) Yours,
                                        Jonathan

--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)