OFF:Worldcon

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Fri Sep 17 01:37:58 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 03:01:14PM +0200, Henderson Keith wrote:
> Grakkl (FFA)*

> When I saw 12 Monkeys for the first time, I incorrectly
> remembered the acronym as "FAA" [........]

Well that explains that.  Feel like dropping the other shoe? :-)
What's the Grakkl part?

> As so that seemed appropriate following Mike Holmes' Friends of Fernando
> Po(o) (which I believe comes from Wilson's "Illuminatus"? oder?).

Yup.  Both spellings seem to be acceptable, but Wilson spells it
"Poo", presumably for effect.  I imagine he looked for the
tiniest place with the silliest name he could find.

> And now I realize that there's a
> *real* FFA organization in Toronto that's been making a big stink about some
> cat-snuffing movie or something at that Toronto film festival, so I gather
> they're radical beyond-PETA-types (?).

<monty_python>
Oh, sure, blame it *all* on Toronto why don't you?  Just because
we get three of the top ten in the Google rankings.  Well I'll
have you know California gets *five*!
</monty_python>

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
The animal that coils in a circle is the serpent; that's why so
many cults and myths of the serpent exist, because it's hard to
represent the return of the sun by the coiling of a hippopotamus.
        - Umberto Eco, "Foucault's Pendulum"