HW: BURG HERZBERG 17.07.2004

Sun Sep 19 11:35:37 EDT 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Henderson Keith wrote:

> JJ queries...
>
> www.pothead.de gets you their site.

        Cheers for that...

> >How were Outskirts of Infinity?
>
> I liked them quite alot, but was only familiar with just a small fraction of
> their stuff ahead of time since their CDs are so rare.  (Luckily I found one
> at the fest.)  My review of the whole event will appear shortly on AI.com,
> so I'll let you know when it's up.

        That CD presumably being _Incident at Pilatus_? I've got that and
it was sort of like the first time I saw them but nothing like a fair
reflction of the second, despite that being almost the same
line-up. Second time was far far meatier and more solid than the rather
thin overstretched tracks on _Pilatus_ IMO; the rhythm section played the
tunes at high octane speed and Bari just went stratospheric over the top
and occasionally came back down to find out what the other two were
doing. It worked amazingly well, the rhythm section being confident enough
to carry the gig by themselves made it possible for Bari to actually do
what he doe sbest, which IMO is *not* lead a band.

        The first OoI album is one of the many things I really wish
Woronozw thought it was financially worthwhile getting re-pressed...

> The Bevis Frond will also be playing the Standard Music Venue, Walthamstow,
> London (opposite Blackhorse Road Underground station) on October the 10th
> supported by The Outskirts of Infinity. Tickets only available at the door
> on the day of the show.

        I'm going to do my utmost to make it to that, but it's going to e
tricky. Thankyou for the notice however, as you got it to me faster than
Woronzow did... Yours,
                        Jon

ObCD: Wire - _On Returning (1977-1979)_
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)