sappy prog

David Kuznick dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU
Wed Sep 22 11:02:11 EDT 2004

Quoting Henderson Keith <keith.henderson at PSI.CH>:

>  And then
> the prog band iQ plays at the Mean Fiddler on Dec. 11th, so I would
> plan to catch that show (OK, so I like sappy progrock, sue me) before
> heading home.

Whoh!  I have heard many terms used to describe IQ, but sappy is not one of them
(the occasional sappy song notwithstanding :-)  They are one of the darkest
neo-prog bands ever (though I seem to be the only one who thinks their latest,
Dark Matter, is not really all that dark)!

> P.S.  Did anyone else note that Marillion (to keep up the sappy progrock
> theme)

Now they can definitely be sappy.  :-)  But I think Marbles is the best thing
they've done in years (but only the 2CD version with Ocean Cloud!)

> was on that same plane with the artist formerly known as Cat Stevens
> that got diverted to Bangor, Maine?  As if it weren't already hard for
> bands to get permission to enter the US...now they're even thwarted as
> innocent bystanders!

Wow, knew about Cat Stevens but not about Marillion.

> P.P.S.  Who's seen Nektar/Caravan in the US?  Any interesting set changes
> since Nearfest?  Anything from Journey yet?  Any of the new album?  Did
> anyone buy it at the shows?  (I think it's available, yeah?)

When Caravn had to cancel the gig in Arlington, MA (two blocks away from my
house!) due to visa problems, I asked for a refund...

--
David Kuznick   dkuznickATalumni.brandeis.edu
"We'll wait in stone circles `til the force comes through - lines